Friday, May 12, 2006

Withered away to nothingness

Yes, just a few hours ago my PC air filter decayed away to nothingness.
It just literally perished bit by bit into the drain.
I don't think i've seen anything like it (in real life).
Just like that, it decomposed as I touched it.
It's as if the dust had assimilated itself with the filter and simply took the filter with it as it went on its way (9 its ^^).

Well the incident all started when I decided to fix up my mom's old laptop.
Detesting the idea of using the touch pad, I took out the USB mouse that was attached to my PC and hooked it up to this little thing.

Yes, i'm currently blogging on this new found but actually really old laptop (doesn't even have in-built wifi).
Anyway, as I was patching this old thing up I realised that I needed a connection to the internet.
So again I took from my PC, this time it was the modem, its necessary wires AND the ethernet cable.
Being lazy and all I merely moved the keyboard away and placed the laptop close enough so I don't have to move anything else and just plug it all in.

Then I thought again,
Huh, there goes my downloads, at least for awhile.
Since I was going to leave my PC idle, I thought i'd give it a rest.

So I turned it off.

Happy with the gajillion spy wares and viruses that was eradicated, I started up my PC.
and lo and behold, a sound so creepy ...
Must be that time of the year again.

I opened up the front casing of my PC and there it was.
Dust and lots of it.
It was like a second layer blanketing the bottom front part of the PC like snow across a meadow field.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You can pretty much guessed what happened from then on.



Something that was brought to my attention by a good friend of mine eTiMaGo;

Progress isn't made by early risers.
It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.
-Robert Heinlein, Time Enough For Love.

No comments: