Monday, May 08, 2006

Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairy

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky's Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairy

I don't know what it is about this number that gets me.
I kind of get a chill everytime I hear it after a long time.

Gives of the feeling of there's something really scary out there.
That a sight of it could very well paralyze me in fear,
but at the same time,
there's also something in the back of my mind that tells me that
the scary thing what ever it is,
is actually me.



pic from one of my old calvin and hobbes books I bought when I was a wee lad.


Kind of like comfort in fear, or fear in comfort.
Can't really tell right now.

So anyway, here is what i've gotten so far on trying to put to words of what the song is to me.
Note : Will probably add on to it later.

Like a devious thief lurking through the back alleys of a small town on a snowy night.
Making his way without a sound without a smell avoiding everyone's sight.

All the while not knowing that a mastermind in grey.
Waiting knowing and grinning about something no one can say.

Sitting in his antique recliner staring into the flames dancing to the air burning in a pact.
A thought so sweet yet so dark fluttering through one end of the room to the next.

More than a shadow more than an illusion created by the moonlight so pale.
Created by the flickering of the fire snapping and crackling away.
Thus the snow falls unwaveringly to the ground outside these windowed vale.
Swaying side to side endlessly like an eternity always resting and never astray.

- Lazy Guy
Tried to play it on my blog, but I can't seem to figure out how to play audio on a site.
I could do it if this was on a personal server where I can upload the song itself.
Anyway if you don't know which song i'm talking about you could get it here
or here
or here
or here

No comments: