Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Starting a new computer

Received a new (very old model) laptop,
BUT its got better specs then my old desktop.
Proves just how really old my desktop is.

In light of my current situation of furnishing the new laptop with the relevant softwares.

I thought it'd be a good idea to share it with you guys and girls.

Adobe Reader

To read the oh-so-universal PDF files.

AVG anti-virus
To keep those nasty viruses out

Bitcomet
For downloading ... stuff.

Firefox
For browsing the web.
*I honestly prefer Opera, but Firefox doesn't have those irritating ads.

Live Messenger/Yahoo Messenger/Google Talk
To keep in-touch with your friends

Spybot
To keep those malicious spyware out

VLC Player
To play all your videos
*It even plays broken files ^^

Winamp

To play your music

WinRAR
For zipping and unzipping of your files
*File Compression Software

Good thing about the list is that you can get all of em for free.
Most of them can be found at Download.com

No comments: