Monday, November 13, 2006

Huey Yee's Birthday Dinner


Had a birthday dinner gathering at The Magical Theater Restaurant in Sunway.
(12/11/2006)

The place was nice, quite well decorated.
The tables were marked by cards from a deck.
We had the privilege of sitting at the Ace of Spades table : )


Most of the guys and birthday girl.


Most of the girls.


The group.

So after the cake cutting and present .. er ... presenting.
AND after everyone had already eaten their cakes,
we hit a small snag in a what have been a smooth evening.
There was only one piece of cake left !
After a wonderful dinner AND a piece of cake, none of us wanted to finish off the last piece.
*though I did suspect that Mr. J secretly wanted it.

So without any hesitation, CC proposed that we play a game to settle this problem.
Now, this is the same CC which proposed the Risk game a couple of months back.

The game was quite simple.
Everyone was to show a number between 0 to 5 with their hands.
The numbers were sum-ed up and beginning from the birthday girl
a counter would start clockwise around the table till it reached that number.
Now the unlucky person to have that number land on him/her would have to swallow the cake in one go.


Lucky guy.

Anyway, there we were about ready to leave, and thinking the only 'magical' thing that night was BY's cake disappearing trick, when suddenly a guy in a coat comes up to the table.

Ah, so there was a magician in the house.
Now after watching The Prestige awhile back, I was actually intrigued and was looking forward to see if I can figure out the tricks.

The first trick if I remembered correctly was the balls trick.
Basically transporting the ball in his hand to the hand of the audience.
I could theorize how he did the pledge and the prestige but I wasn't able to figure out the turn of this trick.


Magician : Now hold my balls tightly, ah, not too tight.


Magician : Tada ! My balls ... my red balls.

Then there was the "pull your card out of the deck" trick.
You know the the "choose a card any card" trick.
I was picked as the card picker,
I believe I was picked because I made such a racket trying to figure out the trick.
I mean seriously, I was behaving like a child.
Well at least I think I was.
So I think the magician let me pick the card to shut me up.
Which kind of worked ... for awhile.


See ! Its the 10 of diamonds. I'm so glad I can count that high.

For this trick, I figured you need really really fast hands.
He even did the "float your card to the top of the deck" trick which was pretty cool.

On a side note, I have to say that that night was officially my "Chicken-wuss moment #2".
Why ? Oh the same reasons as always.
OMG she was so darn CUTE!
The bad thing about this time is that i'm not so worked up about it.
Which I don't think is such a good thing.
She was really really really cute !
All in all I had a really good time and would like to thank the people who arranged such a wonderful evening.



p.s. Happy Birthday Huey Yee !

No comments: