Tuesday, October 10, 2006

CherryPoP - Chinese Wedding

My first chinese wedding.
It was awsome, had so much fun
and I only knew one friend there.

Favourite dish : Chinese Pancake
Favourite song : When one of the uncles started singing Pan Yao
Favourite moment : Speech before the final "yam seng"
Favourite reason to go to another wedding : CHIQUES !
Uncle : I've been friends with the father of the bride for a long time now,
and although he has a beautiful wife, lovely children and a happy life
there is one thing that has been somewhat of a void in his life.

He has come up to me before saying that when he looks around at his peers
he sees that most of them already have grandchildren and
wondered if he too will one day see grandkids of his own.



So friend, this is for you.
May you be able to sleep next to a grandmother soon.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam Seng !

Huh, now that i've read back what I wrote, the speech didn't sound funny at all.
Infact its kind of sweet.
But it sure was darn hilarious when I heard it at the wedding.

Also the fact that there were many pretty ladies wearing pretty dresses,
might have contributed to the jolly good time I had ^^.

p.s. Happy Birthday Thomas !

No comments: